We list next Monday. It’s 12:22 in the morning, and I am covered in paint, downstairs scrounging around for some artwork to put over the mantle- and I decided to throw out a quickie post. Who knows when I’ll have another chance… Of all weeks for it to be Spring Break, that’s all I have to say about that.
- Painted the hallway, and over half the living room.
- Packed all the china, silver and dishes from the cabinets, as well as all the breakable chatchkas I’ve inherited over the years.
- Packed my antique books and all my cookbooks, as well as the a few of the drawers in the kitchen and the stuff from the counter-tops.
- All pictures and personal things in the house are packed. We now look like a hotel.
- I cleaned both ovens tonight. Yuck. But they sure do look purty!
- Replaced the handles on the storm door. They even work!
- Nagged my husband several times about his to-do list.
- Swapped out the lampshades for better looking, un-dusty ones.
- Painted a new sign that says “There’s no place like HOME”- hoping the subtle and subliminal message is not lost on perspective buyers.
- Cleaned between the panes of glass in several rooms and pulled the window screens off so the view is crystal clear.
- Caulked the bathtub, but scraped it all off because it looked like crap. Meh, what can I say? I’m not good at some things!
- Fluffed the drapes in the dryer.
- Hung a new, simple wreath on the front door.
- Bought the porch paint to re-paint the back steps.
- Walked around the neighborhood to look at the two other houses for sale- and feel really good about ours, now.
Tomorrow? I may collapse. No, really, then I get to start on the kids toys and their stuff. Beanie is really squawking about not wanting to leave this house. I think he’ll change his tune when he sees the new place, but I understand- this is the only home he knows, and it’s scary. Jeff is just so excited about having a fenced yard and a swingset, he doesn’t care about anything else.