It might very well be becomming an obsession- and Jeffrey is totally in on it. We went out garage sale-ing again this week, and here is what we got:
- Two wooden cap-guns, old pirate style. $1 for both.
- A bucket of 12 Lego Bionicle- two still in the boxes. $10.
- An antique apothecary jar, 14″ tall for me. 25 cents.
- A small corner shelf, solid mahogany, for the bathroom. $3.
- Antique doll cradle, solid wood with turned spindles. $3.
- An embroidered pillow case and sheets for Abby. $1.
- Two pair of J.Jill jeans/linen pants for me. $3 each.
- An antique H Co. turquoise bowl, small crack, but still beautiful. 25 cents.
- A 48″ tall bookshelf for the upstairs nook- needs paint, solid wood. $5.
- Two retro school desks, with the table attached to wooden chairs. Sturdy and with no carving on the desks. $6 each.
- Three tier cupcake holder/server. Way cool. 25 cents.
I love this! It’s like a treasure hunt- and you may have to dig through some boxes of junk, but wow, can you find some neat, retro and well-made stuff. And on a budget, too! If you’ve never done it, I highly recommend it- Just drive down the main street in your town and look for signs to follow!