This is my cheese monger’s store. It’s my Happy Place.
Someone, I know not who, did something very, very kind and thoughtful for me today. OK, actually, two people did kind and thoughtful things- One needed the other- and all for me. I am giddy and deeply touched by someone being so generous and kind to me. I mean, really- who else on earth would adore a gift certificate to a cheese market besides me? And whoever sent it- well, I can’t thank you enough. Really- and Mo Mommy- no matter how much I begged, would not divulge who was so kind- well, besides herself! She is a good keeper of secrets.
Here was my take:
- Mt. Townsend Creamery Seastack, a soft ripened cheese with wood ash.
- Super Aged Dry Gouda- Mmmmmmmm.
- English Stilton- you can read my love letter to this cheese here.
- Parmigiana Reggiano, the disputed king of cheeses
- Pecorino Fresca Verde- a sheep’s cheese from Italy
- Vella Dry Jack, from California, rubbed with cocoa.
- Coolea, a hard cow milk cheese from Ireland
- Grayson, and soft, finely textured cow cheese from Virginia
So, to whomever you are, I thank you. My cheese-deprived palate thanks you. My cheese monger thanks you. And, I, humbly, thank you again.