Ok, I may not be able to string three coherent thoughts together this week, but here is something I CAN do- I can answer fifty nonsensical, baseless, fluff questions. Exactly what I need, if hardly riveting reading… Courtesy of Susan at Strange Pulse, who happened to be my very first Blog friend from years ago. I love Susan.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Oh yes, the stinkier and more like Colston Bassett Stilton the better.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Only once- at a sleepover in 4th grade.. Ew.
3. Do you own a gun? Not me.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I don’t think I’ve ever been to a Sonic. But at In-N-Out, I’ll take a strawberry shake and a grilled cheese, no onions. Mmmmm.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointment? Only if it’s for something scary.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I think they’re gross and super yummy- no ketchup please.
7. Favorite Christmas Song? Hmm. Carol of the Bells
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water. A big glass of icy water is fantastic.
9. Can you do push-ups? Ha ha ha!
10. What is your favorite movie? I can’t pick just one. I love Gone with the Wind, Pride and Prejudice, You’ve got Mail, The Color Purple, The Godfather, Fried Green Tomatoes… a theme? Mostly chick flicks.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Only thing I wear—my wedding ring.
12. Favorite hobby? Writing, sewing, painting, creating, cooking, drawing, stained glass, antiqueing… I do not garden. I do not sing.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? I work with small children who use me for a human napkin all day. Idolize? Not a chance!
14. Do you have ADD? Nope.
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? I don’t hate anything- I have body issues like many women, but I don’t hate myself. I wish I was more able to follow a routine and be less flighty, but then again, that’s part of what makes me, me.
16. What’s your middle name? Leigh.
17. Name three thoughts at this moment:
-We need to rake the enourmous drifts of leaves piling up in the backyard.
-How many days until the wedding? 19? I better get started on the dresses- I hope the serger is easy to figure out… I have to make tulle underskirts, and dupioni silk ravels like crazy…
-Beanie, get that horrid stinky nasty peanut butter smelling thing away from me before I crawl out of my skin!
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday; A rare trip to the grocery store allows me to answer this one- popsicles, sharp cheddar cheese and milk. how. exciting.
19. Current worry right now? Oh nothing- life is peachy- nothing at all to worry about.
21. Current hate right now? Politics.
22. Favorite place to be? Picking fruit and vegetables at the farms north of town with my kids.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? I think I was asleep.
24. Where would you like to go? All over the world. I love to travel- anywhere and everywhere.
25. Name three people who will complete this? Are you kidding? I have no clue.
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? I hate this questions. There’s my hate answer.
27. What color shirt are you wearing? Can a pink bathrobe be considered a shirt? Heather O. sent it to me, if that helps…?
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Gah! No! Horrid! Blech!
29. Can you whistle? It’s pitiful, but yeah, I guess you can call it whistling.
30. Favorite color? Crispy green apple green. Or blue. Or Autumn. What? It is too a color.
31. Would you be a pirate? Only if I could be on Johnny Depp’s ship.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I spare the world and usually do not sing in the shower. I do like my showers in the dark, though.
33. Favorite girl’s name? I have a hard enough time naming my kids, I don’t have a spare list of names I like. Oh fine. Persephone.
34. Favorite boy’s name? See above. Henry or Jack. Both of which were vetoed in the search for names for our sons.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? A receipt from the grocery store, and a blue Lego.
36. Last thing (Person) that made you laugh? Tina Fey or Jon Stewart.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Holly Hobbie.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I’ve been pretty lucky with injuries. I broke my foot as a teenager, and I had three babies the old fashioned way- does that count?
39. What is your favorite snack? Chewy crusty bread, apples and cheese!
40. Favorite thing to do on Sundays? Why, getting ready for church with three small kids, for sure!
41. Who is your loudest friend? Mo!
42. How many dogs do you have? None. Stella is enough for me.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? You’re kidding, right?
45. What is your favorite book? Charlotte’s Web. Or, Their Eyes were Watching God, by Nora Zeale Hurston. And I hate Oprah made it into a movie. Read the book, skip the movie.
46. What is your favorite candy? Lemon drops. Lemonheads. Lemon lemon lemon anything.
47. What is your favorite sports team? Huh? What?
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Sufjan Stevens version of Come Thy Fount of Every Blessing.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Snoring and probably drooling on my pillow.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? Oh crap, we’re going to be late for school!
6 thoughts on “Fifty Questions”
I really enjoyed reading these questions (and loved your answers!)
I like you, I really like you. That version of Come Thou fount of every blessing is the best. Don’t know if I have the guts to do this list. Do I really want to publicize my answer to the smoking question?
jendoop- I thought hard about that too- it’s sickening to me, really, that I did it. But, the upside was, I never, ever wanted to try smoking again. 4th grade- what the crap? I stayed the night at a friends house, and her mom went out and left us with a babysitter, and the babysitter offered us cigarettes. I don’t think we did it right, and it was totally gross.
Persephone was on my short list for V. What with the pomegranate tree in my yard while I was pregnant and the stint through Hades and all. Decided I was being too morbid and everybody would call her purse-eff-fone. Besides we had a V grandma. Still love the name though.
OK so I’ll just not look before I leap and do it.
If you want to see what I’ve done, like slowing down to watch a car wreck, look at my blog.
Brave girl, jendoop. I’ll have to go read your answers. 🙂
Tracy, I enjoyed your answers and learned some things, and realized I know my virtual friend better than I expected I might. Wahoo! #38 was a good answer! And I also love Come Thou Font of Every Blessing.
Comments are closed.